shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Monday, September 5, 2011



...to Penny Candy! My name is Amy and I've been crafting for most of my life. That statement sounds like either a Craftaholics Anonymous greeting, or something a contestant on "The Dating Game" might have said. Most of what I make is two dimensional (prints, greeting cards, etc.), but occasionally I like to make jewelry out of vintage and reclaimed objects, and items for the home, like pillows and lampshades. When I was 12, back in the early 1980s, I had my own little store at home and made things to sell to my sister and the kids in our neighborhood. I feel like this new Indie craft wave is the perfect way for me to get back to my roots. You can read more about me on my About page.

Since I'm just starting out, you will find most of my latest work on Spoonflower: a collection of fabric. I am adding new designs each week and will be using the fabric in crafty projects, and adapting the designs to prints and other media.

The Penny Candy Shop on Etsy will be stocked with prints, paper goods, fabric, vintage finds, and more...that I hope you find interesting and fresh! I am also available to do custom work, so if you find an item you like that could be altered to fit you better, let me know.

Check out the Gallery for samples of some of work, past and present; and keep up with the latest news here.

Since this is my first blog post, why not start out with a contest?! Now through Sunday, September 18th, all those who Like Penny Candy on Facebook will be entered into a drawing to receive a Penny Candy Welcome Kit, which will include samples and other goodies! Here are the rules:
  • All "Likes" must be entered by 11:59pm PDT on Sunday, September 18th, 2011.
  • The winner will be chosen at random and announced Monday, September 19th, 2011.
  • No purchase necessary.
  • Contest is open to U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited.
  • Please allow two (2) weeks for delivery of the Welcome Kit.

You can enter the drawing here. GOOD LUCK! And thanks for checking out Penny Candy Handmade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Home