shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Wednesday, September 14, 2011



Yesterday I'm pretty sure I was among the thousands, if not possibly millions (say that like Dr. Evil), of people trying to snag some great items from the Missoni for Target launch...and the server crashed. I actually got onto the site around 10 p.m. Monday night (Pacific time), thinking perhaps they would post the items at Midnight central time (Minneapolis). Nothing there but links to watch the commercials, and the beginnings of category list items. But I just couldn't stay up refreshing the page anymore and decided to try again in the morning. Woke up, refreshed the page, server down. Fortunately, after about an hour, all 483 items appeared, most of which were sold out. Surprised? Yes and no.

I picked out a few items, but it took about an hour to successfully put them in my cart, then another half hour waiting in the checkout queue! I love dogs, but I was getting a little tired of seeing Bullseye appear with something clever to say!



Not since the 2009 Orla Kiely for Target collection have I been so obsessed with making a purchase. Missoni's super-bold, graphic patterns have always been among my favorites, but I've never wanted to dole out the cash in order to wear them (and possibly spill something on them!). The one item I really wanted, the Blue/Multi-Color Knit Hoodie (pictured above), had already gone to other lucky buyers, but I did manage to pick up a pair of gloves and some towels. Tomorrow it's off to the store to see what's left on the racks and shelves. Maybe I'll get lucky!

To view the complete lookbook, click here. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home