shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Thursday, December 8, 2011

This Week's Contest Will Be a Circus!

Today kicks off voting in the Spoonflower Fabric of the Week contest. This week's "assignment": design a pattern for a cloth book that fits on a fat quarter of quilting weight cotton fabric (21" x 18").

I've heard from several customers who have purchased fabric from my At the Circus! collection that they were going to use the fabric to decorate the nursery for their new baby. So I decided to do a cloth book that would coordinate with the collection and that babies and toddlers might enjoy. The book is called Things to Count at the Circus. It is 10 pages plus front and back cover. The fat quarter includes a short list of materials you will need (basic notions) and complete instructions. Because the fabric is currently being printed, I did a quick paper mockup, which you can view on the fabric's design page, or in my Flickr fabric album.



If you like the design, I would LOVE your vote! Voting is really easy! Here's how: click here to go to the Spoonflower contest page. Click on the Vote in This Week's Contest link on the right, then find my design and click on it (a green border will appear around the image). After making your way through the remaining pages, click the Review My Votes button on the bottom of the last page. When you have reviewed your votes, you can click Submit...and that's it! You can vote for multiple designs, too! Designs that make the Top Ten are automatically offered for sale on the Spoonflower site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home