shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowed In!

Here in Seattle we are having a rather unusual "snow event". The metro area received a total of about 8 inches over the last four days, which brings the city to a halt. Back in the Midwest, where I grew up, we'd still be trekking to school with only that much, but since below-freezing temperatures are pretty rare here in the lowlands and at sea level (everyone usually goes up to the mountains to see snow), there aren't enough plows to clear the streets. People stay home and play hooky when there's as little as 2 inches on the ground. When I haven't been out sledding with my two year-old the last few days, I've been using the time to catch up on some sewing for my shop.



Meanwhile, I just love it when patterns happen accidentally. Like the time when I finished loading the dishwasher with my colorful Fiestaware plates and noticed I had randomly placed them in rainbow order. Above is an example from lunch today, when I opened the pickle jar and the last four pickle spears were so perfectly arranged. Sometimes it's the littlest things that can make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home