shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'm Cuckoo for Fire King!

On this last day of Retro Kitchen madness, I thought I would post some pictures of the Fire King mugs that inspired my Koffee Klatch fabric design. The first four are photos from my collection.

Then there is a photo of what is probably the most sought-after Fire King advertising mug: the Stuckey's Coffee Club cup. I'm not sure why this particular mug is so popular, perhaps because Stuckey's was probably a good example of the kitschy road-side truck stop restaurant of the '60s, '70s and '80s. The Stuckey's mug is not necessarily rare--there's at least one for sale on eBay at any given time--but one in mint-condition still fetches upwards of $80 in an eBay auction.

And lastly, a photo of a fabulous display of Fire King and Pyrex glassware in all its colorful glory. *sigh*






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am green with envy :)

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home